The easiest way to take care of your dental woes is to not let them happen in the first place! Brushing and flossing regularly are extremely important, but just as important are routine check-ups. Dr. Schott has a trained eye to pinpoint any potential problem areas and suggest a treatment to overcome possible issues before you experience pain or discomfort. Preventative dentistry is the best and most cost effective treatment available!
- Sealants: Dental sealants are a thin layer of plastic applied to the biting surfaces of the back molars. These fill in the gaps and grooves of these hard to reach areas and provide an effective layer of protection against food particles that tend to get trapped there. Dental sealants are a great protection for your teeth against tooth decay.
- Athletic Mouthguards: Sports and athletics are fun part of a healthy lifestyle as long as you practice correctly. If you run, you’re told to stretch. If you play soccer, you wear shinpads. If you bike, you wear a helmet. All of these are meant to protect your body from injury. An oft-overlooked detail in every sport is teeth protection! You should always wear properly fitted mouthguards to prevent dental injuries from occurring, and at Grovewood Dental we’ll fit a mouthguard to your specific teeth for optimum comfort.
- Fluoride Treatments: Fluoride is a mineral found in water that is extremely effective at hindering tooth decay. The fluoride treatments we use have a much higher density than you’ll find in toothpaste. These treatments go far in the battle against tooth decay.
- Arestin: Arestin is an antibiotic used to kill the bacteria that causes gum disease. Symtoms of gum disease are inflammation, bleeding, and discomfort and if left untreated can lead to tooth loss. Our Arestin treatment will battle against the harmful bacteria and promote healthy gums.
- Headache Prevention (NTI): NTI is a small oral device that reduces clenching intensity by 60%. If you suffer from migraines, chronic headaches, or TMJ, NTI may be the solution for you. Clenching your teeth while sleeping is usually a subconscious habit that can lead to painful headaches and even migraines. NTI could be your ticket to kiss migraines goodbye!
- Nightguards (for bruxism): Bruxism is a condition where you grind, gnash, or clench your teeth. This can occur subconsciously throughout the day but typically happens at night while sleeping. We can fit you with a small and unobtrusive nightguard to protect your teeth against damaging grinding and clenching.
- Oral Cancer Screening: If oral cancer is found early, the chances of curing it is increased significantly. That’s why it is important to have Dr. Schott perform a thorough examination of your whole mouth. The screening will consist of a visual inspection of your mouth and palpitation of the jaw and neck.
Prevent problems before they even happen.Schedule a check-up!